The SSS Maternity Benefit Reimbursement Application, also known as the MAT 2 Form, is used by SSS members to claim reimbursement for maternity leave pay. This comprehensive guide will explain everything you need to know about completing and submitting the MAT 2 form to receive your maternity benefits.
What is SSS Maternity Benefit Reimbursement Application (SSS MAT 2 Form)?
The MAT 2 form is the official application for maternity benefit reimbursement from the Philippine Social Security System (SSS). It allows female SSS members who have recently given birth or suffered a miscarriage to claim compensation for their maternity leave.
The maternity benefit aims to provide financial support during the employee’s time away from work after childbirth or miscarriage. The MAT 2 form enables members to receive partial reimbursement of their maternity pay from SSS.
What Information do I Include in SSS MAT 2 Form?
The MAT 2 application requires personal details of the SSS member, employment information, and maternity claim details. Key information includes:
- Full name and SSS number
- Employer name, address, and contact information
- Date you plan to start your maternity leave
- Estimated delivery date or actual date of childbirth/miscarriage
- Type of maternity claim (normal delivery, miscarriage, emergency termination of pregnancy)
- Total maternity benefit claimed based on 60/78 day leave
Supporting documents like medical certificates and proof of compensation by the employer must also be attached. Accurate completion of the MAT 2 form is necessary for prompt processing of maternity reimbursement.
How to Complete SSS MAT2 form?
Follow these steps to fill out the MAT2 maternity reimbursement application properly:
- Download the latest version of the MAT2 form. Print the form or fill it electronically.
- Provide your personal information like SSS number, full name, date of birth, and address.
- Supply your employer’s name, address, and contact number. Specify your occupation and monthly salary.
- Indicate the date you plan to start your maternity leave and expected delivery or miscarriage date.
- Check the type of maternity claim – normal delivery, miscarriage, emergency termination of pregnancy.
- Compute the total maternity benefit claimed based on 60 days for normal delivery/miscarriage or 78 days for caesarean delivery.
- Attach supporting documents required like medical certificate, proof of notification to employer, proof of payment by employer.
- Sign the form. Submit to SSS within 60 days from the date of childbirth or miscarriage.
Download MAT2 Form
How To Fill Out the SSS MAT2 Form Online?
The SSS now allows online filing of the maternity reimbursement application to simplify the submission process. Follow these steps:
- Go to the SSS website and register for a My.SSS account if you don’t have one.
- Access the online MAT2 form under the e-Services section. Fill in all your personal, employment, and maternity claim details.
- Use the SSS MAT 2 form template to preview the information you will submit. Cross-check all details before proceeding.
- Attach the necessary supporting documents like medical certificates and proof of maternity notification or payment by the employer.
- Review the form thoroughly before submitting it online to SSS. Print or save a copy for your records.
- The online platform allows secure submission of MAT2 forms direct to SSS anytime, anywhere. It eliminates the need for manual paperwork and visits to SSS branches.
When is SSS MAT 2 Form Due?
For prompt processing of your maternity reimbursement claim, submit the MAT 2 form on time based on these rules:
- Normal delivery / miscarriage: File within 60 days from the date of giving birth or miscarriage.
- Emergency termination of pregnancy: Submit within 60 days from the date of termination.
- Advanced/late filing: You can file up to 105 days in advance or up to 1 year after giving birth/miscarriage for late claims. However, benefits can only be given for the 60/78 day maternity leave period.
Submitting the MAT 2 form within the 60-day deadline ensures you receive your full maternity benefit reimbursement without issues.
Is SSS MAT2 Form Accompanied by Other Documents?
Yes, you must submit supporting documents along with the completed MAT 2 form, such as:
- Original or certified true copy of medical certificate – States date of admission, delivery, discharge and health status of mother and baby.
- Notification to employer of pregnancy and delivery – Letter to employer about maternity leave should be acknowledged by them.
- Proof of payment by employer – Payslips or certification by employer showing maternity benefit payment they released.
- Affidavit of legitimacy – If childbirth was out of wedlock, an affidavit establishing legitimacy must be submitted.
- Marriage contract – For married female employees who suffered a miscarriage or emergency termination of pregnancy.
Providing valid supporting paperwork ensures seamless processing and approval of your maternity reimbursement.
Where do I Send SSS Maternity Benefit Reimbursement Application (MAT 2 Form)?
You can submit the MAT 2 form and supporting documents through these options:
- SSS branch – Submit in person at any SSS branch near you
- SSS website – File application online by registering for a My.SSS account
- Email – Send scanned signed form and documents to [email protected]
- Postal mail – Mail printed form and paperwork to the SSS Main Office or any SSS branch office
- SSS Mobile App – Take photos of the form and attachments and submit through the app
Online or digital submission is recommended for faster processing. Make sure to keep acknowledgment receipts for all MAT 2 form submissions.
How do I claim SSS maternity reimbursement?
Follow this step-by-step process:
- Notify your employer of pregnancy at least 60 days before your expected delivery date.
- Apply for maternity leave with your employer’s HR department. Coordinate dates and secure approval.
- Give birth and complete your approved 60-78 day maternity leave. Your employer should pay your salary for the leave duration based on law.
- Fill out the MAT 2 form completely with all details. Attach supporting papers.
- Submit the MAT 2 application and documents to SSS within 60 days from giving birth.
- SSS will process the reimbursement claim and credit the maternity benefit to your account once approved.
- The maternity benefit amount will cover part of your lost income for the leave period, allowing you financial support.
- You can track the status of your MAT 2 application through the My.SSS portal or with SSS Customer Support.
FAQs About SSS MAT 2 Form
When should I submit SSS MAT 2 Form?
Submit the MAT 2 maternity reimbursement application within 60 days from the date of giving birth or miscarriage. You can file in advance up to 105 days before your expected delivery date.
Who will file MAT 2?
The MAT 2 form should be filled and filed by the female SSS member who gave birth or had a miscarriage and is claiming maternity benefits from SSS. Also, they can assign an authorized representative for form submission.
Can I create an electronic signature for the mat 2 form sss in Chrome?
Yes, you can create a digital e-signature on the MAT 2 form using Chrome extensions like SignRequest, HelloSign or DocuSign. This allows paperless submission of the maternity claim.
How is maternity reimbursement calculated?
Maternity reimbursement is based on 100% of the member’s average daily salary credit multiplied by 60 days for normal delivery or 78 days for caesarean delivery. This is subject to the maternity benefit ceiling amount.
How long is SSS maternity reimbursement?
The maternity benefit can be claimed for a maximum of 60 days for normal delivery or miscarriage, 78 days for caesarean delivery. Reimbursement duration depends on the type of maternity claim.
How to protect your sss maternity reimbursement when filling out it online?
Use a secure online platform and internet connection when filling out MAT 2 online. Do not share form details publicly. Password protect and encrypt files. Back up documents securely.
What is the penalty for the late filing of SSS MAT2 form?
If the MAT 2 form is filed 61-105 days from delivery, benefits are reduced by 1/30 for each day of delay. Filing beyond 105 days forfeits the maternity reimbursement entirely.
When is the deadline to file MAT 2 form in 2023?
For births or miscarriages occurring in 2023, the MAT 2 form must be submitted to SSS within 60 days from the date of delivery or miscarriage to avoid penalties and delays.
The SSS MAT 2 form enables eligible members to rightfully claim their maternity benefit reimbursement.
Follow the guidelines outlined above to complete and submit the form correctly and receive due compensation from SSS during this important life stage.