As a member of the Social Security System (SSS), it is crucial to have a complete and updated record of your personal information and contributions. The SSS E4 form is a document that contains a member’s personal information, employment history, and contributions to the SSS.
In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about the SSS E4 form, including how to get it online, where to get a printable copy, and what to do if you need to make corrections.
What is SSS E4 Form?
The SSS Data Amendment Form or SSS E4 form is a document used to request corrections or updates to a member’s personal details, employment history, and contribution records to the SSS.
It is commonly used to request changes in civil status or to correct the member’s name or member’s personal information, work history, and contribution records to the SSS.
It is a crucial document for SSS members as it serves as proof of their contributions and employment history.
Why is SSS E4 Form important?
The SSS E4 form is important because it provides a complete record of a member’s contributions and work history. In case of an emergency or when applying for a loan, this document will serve as proof of your contributions.
The form is also used by companies to verify the employment history and contribution records of their employees.
When to Use SSS E4 Form?
You can use the SSS Data Amendment Form if you need to update or correct your personal details, employment history, and contribution records to the SSS.
This form is also used to request a change of civil status, correction of your name and date of birth, and the addition or removal of a beneficiary.
What are the requirements for filling out an SSS E4 Form?
To fill out an SSS E4 form, you need to provide your personal information such as your complete name, SSS number, date of birth, and civil status.
You also need to include your employment history, such as the name of your employer, starting and ending dates of your employment, and the monthly salary you received.
How to Get SSS E4 Form Online?
The SSS has made it easy for members to get a copy of their E4 form online. To get a copy, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Philippine Social Security System. Ensure that you are accessing the correct and official website to ensure the security of your personal information.
- Look for the “Forms” or “Downloads” section on the SSS website. This section typically contains a list of various forms related to SSS transactions.
- Search for the “Member’s Data Change Request” also known as the E4 form, it used to report and update the employment information of SSS members.
- Once you locate the E4 form, click on the download link or icon associated with it. The form is usually available in PDF format
- Download and save the E4 form to your computer or device.
- Open the downloaded form using a PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other compatible software.
- Print the E4 form using a printer. Make sure you have sufficient paper and ink available.
- Fill out the printed E4 form with the required information accurately.
- After completing the form, affix your signature and the date on the designated fields.
Alternatively, we have attached the SSS E4 Member Change Request below for your ease.
How to Fill Out and Sign SSS E4 Form Online?
You cannot fill out and sign the SSS E4 form online. However, upon signing in to your account, you can use the SSS Member Data Change Request form to update your personal information or make corrections to your E4 form.
The form will be sent to your nearest SSS branch for processing.
Once you get the printed copy of your form, now start filling with by following these steps:
- Provide the following information on the form:
- Your SSS number
- Your common reference number (CRN)
- Your date of birth
- Your tax identification number (TIN)
- Your full name
- Your address
- The information that you want to change
Be sure to provide all of the required information on the form. If you are requesting a change of name, you will also need to submit a copy of your valid ID with your new name.
If you are requesting a change of address, you will also need to submit a copy of a valid ID with your new address.
- Sign the form at the bottom.
- Scan the form and upload it to the SSS website.
Here are some additional details on how to fill out the form:
- Part I
- A. Personal Data
- Enter your SSS number.
- Enter your CRN.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter your TIN.
- Enter your full name, including your middle name and suffix.
- Enter your current address.
- Enter your foreign address, if applicable.
- B. Data Change/Correction/Updating
- Select the type of data change you are requesting.
- Enter the old information and the new information.
- If you are requesting a change of name, you must also submit a copy of your valid ID with your new name.
- If you are requesting a change of address, you must also submit a copy of your valid ID with your new address.
- A. Personal Data
- Part II This section is for SSS use only. Do not fill it out.
Where to Submit Filled Out SSS E4 Form?
You can submit the filled-out SSS E4 form to the nearest SSS branch or office. It is important to bring a valid ID and a copy of your SSS number card for verification purposes.
How to Certify SSS E4 Form Online?
You cannot certify the SSS E4 form online. To have it certified, you need to print the form and bring it to the nearest SSS office or branch.
How to Change Your SSS Status from Employed to Voluntary
For those who want to shift their SSS status from employed to voluntary, whether due to a change in employment or becoming self-employed, it’s essential to understand the process.
Here, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to change your SSS status from employed to voluntary, both online and offline.
I. Online Method
- Access the SSS website: Visit the official website of the SSS (www.sss.gov.ph) and log in to your account. If you don’t have an account yet, you can register for one by clicking on the “Register” button.
- Update employment information: Once logged in, go to the “E-Services” tab and select “Data Amendment Request.” Then choose “Change of Membership Data” and select “Employment.” Provide the necessary information such as your employer details and the date when you want to change your status from employed to voluntary.
- Submit the request: Review the information you provided and click on the “Submit” button to complete the process. The SSS will process your request, and you will receive a confirmation message once it is approved.
II. Offline Method
- Visit an SSS branch: Locate the nearest SSS branch and bring the required documents, including your SSS ID or E-4 form, two valid IDs, and your employment termination documents (e.g., certificate of employment, resignation letter, or any proof of self-employment).
- Fill out the necessary forms: Approach the designated SSS officer and request an “Employment Status Change” form. Fill it out accurately, providing your personal information, previous employer details, and the effective date of your voluntary status.
- Submit the application: Attach all the required documents to the completed form and submit them to the SSS officer. Ensure that you have photocopies of your documents for reference.
- Acknowledgment and confirmation: The SSS officer will review your application and provide an acknowledgment receipt. This receipt contains the date when you can expect your updated SSS status. Keep it safe for future reference.
How to Update your contact details with the SSS?
Updating your contact information with the SSS is crucial to ensuring that you receive timely notifications and reminders from the agency.
You have three options for updating your contact details: My.SSS portal, SSS mobile app, or over-the-counter at any SSS branch.
To update your contact information via My.SSS, you need to have an active account and follow the step-by-step process provided on the website.
How to update your contact information via My.SSS
To modify the details of your contact information in the My.SSS portal, go to the section where you can update the relevant details, check the appropriate boxes, and proceed to review and submit the changes for processing.
This process is part of the SSS Contact Information update process, which can be accessed through the My.SSS portal.
The My.SSS Guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to update your Contact Details in the portal.
To ensure that the changes are processed correctly, it is essential to review your edited contact info before clicking the submit button.
The Contact Info Changes feature in the My.SSS portal allows you to modify your contact details, including your address, mobile number, and email address, among others.
By updating your contact information, you can ensure that you receive important notifications and updates from SSS regarding your benefits, contributions, and other relevant matters.
How to update your contact information at an SSS branch
One practical approach to modifying your contact information with SSS is by completing the Member Data Change Request Form (E-4) and submitting it to any SSS branch, which can be considered a traditional and reliable method of updating your details.
Updating contact information through an SSS branch involves filling out the E-4 form and checking the box for ‘Updating of Contact Information,’ then specifying the information that needs updating, such as your address, telephone number, email address, or mobile number.
Required documents for updating contact information at an SSS branch include any valid government-issued identification card.
SSS branch procedures for updating contact information may vary according to the specific branch, but generally, the process is straightforward and can be completed within a few minutes.
Updating frequency may depend on the specific needs of the member, but it is recommended to update your contact information as soon as possible, especially when there is a change in your address or contact details.
While online updating options are available, completing the E-4 form and submitting it to an SSS branch is a reliable and convenient option for members who prefer traditional methods of updating their contact information.
How to update your contact information via the SSS mobile app
The modernization of SSS services is evident in the availability of a mobile app, which allows members to conveniently update their contact information. Updating Contact Information via the SSS Mobile App is a hassle-free process.
Members can easily edit their Contact Details by logging in to their My.SSS account and tapping the My Information icon. From there, they need to select Update Information and then Contact Details.
After editing their landline number, mobile number, and/or email address, they just need to tap the Submit button to save the changes. This process eliminates the need to physically visit an SSS Branch to update contact information, making it more accessible and convenient for members.
By keeping their contact information up-to-date, members can also receive important updates and notifications from the SSS, including Tips for Contributions to help them maximize their benefits.
Where to Get Printable SSS E4 Form?
To obtain a printable copy of the SSS E4 form, please follow the instructions below:
- Click Here to Get a Printable Copy of the Form
- You will be directed to the SSS E4 form is available for download and printing.
- Look for a download or print option on the page.
- Click on the download option to save the form to your computer or device, or click on the print option to initiate the printing process directly.
- If you choose to download the form, locate the downloaded file on your device and open it using a PDF reader or any software capable of viewing PDF files.
- If you opt for printing directly, ensure that your printer is connected and properly set up.
- Adjust the print settings as needed, such as selecting the desired printer and paper size.
- Once you have configured the print settings, click on the “Print” button to obtain a physical copy of the SSS E4 form.
What are the Common Mistakes in Filling Out SSS E4 Form?
The most common mistakes in filling out the SSS E4 form are incorrect or incomplete personal information, erroneous dates of employment, and wrong monthly salary information.
Make sure to double-check your inputs before submitting the form to avoid any delays in processing.
How to Correct SSS E4 Form Civil Status?
To correct your civil status in the SSS E4 form, you need to fill out the SSS Data Amendment Form and submit it to your nearest SSS branch or office.
You also need to provide a copy of your marriage certificate or annulment papers if necessary.